Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Week 47


Well hello everyone! Hope all is well back home and abroad. If not then know that I pray for you and that the Lord loves you. All things happen for our good. This week was a pretty decent one!! Or a really amazing one. However you want to describe it. I really enjoyed it! It was a ton of fun and laughs all around. Let me tell you all you want to know about it!! And then some!!! So I will begin with some fun things from last week. We decided that since Pday of last week was 2 days after Easter that we could have a zone Easter egg hunt! It was a ton of fun. We bought 150 eggs and candy in all of them! It was super cheap since everything was half off. Great fun was had by all. It was a good pday full of laughs and joy. The following day we went on exchanges with Cabezon. I went to Cabezon with Elder Kirkham. If you have been diligent in your study of my emails you will remember the day I went on exchanges with Elder Kirkham back when I was in Belen! It was a good day even though everything fell through. Like I mean everything. But we provided a lot of service and helped everyone we could. It was great. When I woke up Thursday morning I realized that it was the 31st. It was slightly surprising to me since it feels like October. We had zone conference that day. We got to go be taught and trained by president and it was awesome! We learned a lot and felt the spirit in abundance. April Fools was good! We came up with a great prank to pull on the zone but it never came to pass. Probably the Lord stepping in and telling us no. But it was still a great day! We knocked doors a little bit that day and we talked to one person. He told us something that I have never heard anyone say before... ever. I don't know if it was inspirational or not. Or maybe just food for thought. But what he told us will never be forgotten. He said "You two are way better than a pregnant man." Anyway it was a good 20 minute talk before dinner. We have finally reached General Conference! What a great weekend! If you missed any of it I strongly invite you to go to lds.org and listen to some of the Prophets and Apostles speak. It was full of revelation and the spirit testified constantly. It was great I truly enjoyed all 10 hours of it. It was just what I needed to motive me to be the best I can be. I cannot wait for the next one. Yesterday we got the chance to head out to Cuba! Cuba New Mexico! It is about an hour and a half from here. We went up there with the High Range Elders for a baptismal interview. I had the chance to interview a 10 year old girl who is well prepared for her baptism. While we were there we got a lot of pictures. Some of which I attached here. Mini donkeys and giant fire pits. All the fun stuff of Cuba. We ate at the best Mexican restaurant ever on the way back. All in all a good day. That is my week! Pretty much top to bottom! If you are wondering about R don't worry! I am still going to give the full update in my miracle at the end of this email. love you all!!!

Quotes of the Week:

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better."
"An unforgiving heart harbors needless pain."
"To forgive is not to condone."
"No one goes his way alone."
"You are always a leader and you are always a follower."
"Happy marriages are meant to last forever."
"Let love conquer pride."
"Choose the harder right not the easier wrong."
"We know it, but do we believe it?"
"Our commitment to the Lord cannot be part time."
"Fatherhood requires sacrifice."
"Heavenly Father will not force us into heaven."
"We carry within ourselves the substance of divinity."
"Life must be understood backward, but lived forward."
"To be worthy does not mean to be perfect."
"Opposition enables choice."
"The Lord didn't make it easy, He made it possible."
"Some things can only be learned by faith."
"The resurrection changes heartbreak to hope."
"We get credit for trying not succeeding."
"The Lord blesses those who want to improve."
"God's character is not to abandon us."
"Heaven is cheering you on."

Spiritual Experience of the Week:
General Conference easily wins this week. I felt the spirit of God testify to me that the people who spoke truly are called of Him. They testified of the Savior and his Atonement. I know without a doubt that this church has been restored by a loving Heavenly Father, to prepare the world for the second coming of the Messiah and to prepare the children of God to return to the presence of Him who created us. 

Miracle of the Week:
The update of R. Here we go. So he made incredible progress. Every time we go to teach him, which is everyday, he has questions for us. By the end of the lesson he gives us hugs and high fives saying they we answered perfectly and that it all makes sense to him. He bore testimony that this is Christ's church and that he has finally found the truth. He came to 4 sessions of conference. And loved them all! He truly felt the spirit of God touch his heart. He is prepared for his baptism that is now set for the 23rd of April. He is an inspiration not only to us, but to the whole zone and all who meet him. We are so excited to continue to teach him and help him in anyway that we can. It will be a great experience. He is great.

Spiritual Thought of the Week:
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/04/media/session_1_talk_8/4828256162001?lang=eng
I attached a link to a talk by one of the members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. He spoke about the importance of Priesthood keys and the Authority of the Priesthood today. It was powerful and one of my favorites of the conference. I invite all to watch or re-watch it, and to record the thoughts and impressions that the Lord puts into your heart.

I love you all!!

Elder Carruth

No comments:

Post a Comment