Sunday, January 15, 2017

Week 86

Well another week has come to a very quick end. Before I started my mission everyone always told me that "the days pass like weeks and the weeks pass like days." I have come to see that that is true especially over the last couple weeks. Everyday feels like it lasts forever and the weeks go by in  the blink of an eye. I feel like I email every other day. This week was good! We planned transfers all week. We spent a lot of time in the office making sure everyone was good to go on transfer day which is today. We are taking time to email while we wait for the South missionaries to get up North. We had about 60 missionaries here this morning and it was cool to see everyone. The Lord really blessed our missionary work this week. Even though we spent a ton of time at the office preparing for transfers, we managed to have the best week we have had in a long time. We hit the standards of excellece (mission wide goals to strive for every week that President sets) and that was awesome! President was super happy about that and it made us feel good. The Lord really just blessed us with opportunities to share and teach the gospel. We found a family of 4 this week. They were taught by missionaries a long time ago and when we knocked on the door their 9 year old and 7 year old were super excited to see us. They said they might be willing to listen to the message again especially for their kids. We testified of eternal families, my favorite part of the gospel, and I am excited to work with them! They are a super cool family. We also made huge progress with an investigator named Kimberly. She is 19 and is about to graduate college with a double major before starting law school soon. She is brilliant to say the least. Well she fasted on Sunday and she wants to get baptized! She bore her testimony on Sunday and testified of the plan of salvation and the joy it brings. She testified of the Book of Mormon as well. It was a miracle for us! Yesterday we got to go to the airport to pick up 6 new missionaries. 3 of them are from Washington!!! We are taking over the mission! The new UTAH! BOOM! Every time one of them said they were from Washington I would do a double fist pump in the air and President Guffey would say "I am sorry to hear that" haha it was awesome. The new group of missionaries is a good one. They will be a strength to the mission. It was weird being at the airport. Last time I was there I was the one coming off the plane not knowing what the next 2 years would hold. I am glad that these last 20 months have been filled with miracles and tender mercies. Tons of trials as well that help humble and refine us into the missionaries that Heavenly Father needs us to be. I am so grateful for my mission. It fills my heart with joy and love when I think back to everything I have done and everyone I have met over the last 20 months. It is crazy how fast time goes here. I love my Savior Jesus Christ with all my heart. He is our Redeemer. I know that with all my heart. This is his church, he is at the head. I love you all. I am grateful for your influence in my life and the support I feel from you as I have served as a missionary. I hope the next 4 months continue to bring the same joy that I have felt up till now. The gospel is true. The Restoration is a fact. Heavenly Father loves you. In the sacred name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 

Elder Carruth 

No comments:

Post a Comment