Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Week 87

Another week has come and gone! Can you believe it? I feel like I just sent an email out and now I get to send another one. This last week was a good one! We got to spend a ton of time out in the work pounding the pavement. That always makes you feel good at the end of the day. We are working with a couple people who are preparing to get baptized! Dustin is getting baptized this Saturday. He has come a long long way. He still has some stuff to learn but he is really excited about being baptized. He has been working for it for a really long time. The other person who is preparing to be baptized is Kimberleigh. She has come a very long way. She used to have a false idea of who God is and now she has a much stronger relationship with Him. She chose her own baptismal date of the 4th of Feb. She is doing awesome! Elder Petersen and I are having a ton of fun. We get along really well and both really want to be successful, especially as the end of our missions approach. He is a stud of a missionary. Super strong testimony. So we had a super cool experience this week. We were asked by our Stake to speak at their annual Priesthood Preview. It us a big meeting for all of the 11 year old boys who will be turning 12 this year. We both got to speak about how the Aaronic Priesthood helped us prepare to serve a mission. It was a really cool experience and something I probably would never have gotten to do had I not served a mission. It is interesting to me how before my mission I would have freaked out at an invitation to speak at something like that, but now I cherish opportunities to share my testimony with others and to speak in front of people. I love it. I have never spoken in front of huge crowds, probably around 250 people is the biggest. But it is still cool! And a change in myself that I have noticed. So a funny/creepy story that happened this week. We went to a gas station because I drank to much water that day and there was a homeless guy outside. When he saw us he yelled "THERE ARE MY DISCIPLES!" and we realized that he had been drinking a ton. He tried to hug us but due to our sincere silent pleadings he didn't. We had found 4 pennies on the ground and we tried to give them to him. He said "Flip them all and they will all be heads." So we did and they were all heads. Little creepy but a little funny too. We also had a drunk person try her absolute hardest to tell us that you can sin and be close to God at the same time. It was a great week! The gospel is awesome and I love my Savior. This life is about following Him. That is what leads us to eternal happiness. I just wanna thank everyone who has supported me on my mission. Means the world to me. I love you all!

Elder Carruth 

No comments:

Post a Comment