Monday, November 2, 2015

Week 24


Almost a quarter of the way through the mission! Hard to believe huh. Only have to read about 75 more emails from me! Lucky ducks. Anyways this week was a pretty quick one. It was all a blur I don't really remember a lot of it. That is why I keep a journal. We got new housing inspectors this week. Retired military people. Lets just say that when my bed wasn't 100% smooth after I made it she told me the Savior would be ashamed to live there. This will be interesting over the next few months. It is good though it will help us keep a clean apartment and I like a clean apartment. Last week I decided to buy a jacket since the weather is colder now. Well lets just say good thing I did because later that day we tracted in the pouring rain for about 2 hours. People have a lot more sympathy when you come to see them soaking wet. But still no one wanted our message. I was glad I had a coat though. We were able to see G last week! Elder Steffensen and I found him and haven't been able to see him at all. Finally we caught him and he really is open to hearing our message. He knows that the end is near and wants to explore his options. We are meeting with him tomorrow as well. Hopefully things go well. We had exchanges last week too! I got to go with a Zone Leader up to ABQ and pretend to know Spanish. It was a lot of fun though and I learned a lot from Elder Edwards. The highlight of the week though for sure was going to the temple yesterday. We get to go every 6 months so it is a special treat. The spirit in the temple is amazing and peaceful. I encourage everyone who can to go to the temple as much as time permits. The blessings there will strengthen your weaknesses. It truly is a house of the Lord. That was my week! Pretty quick one this week. Love you all!!

Quotes of the Week:

"Forgiveness is too precious a pearl to be cast at the feet of the unforgiving."
"Grudges only divide."
"Christ will never forget those he suffered for."
"Charity without action is dead."

Spiritual Experience of the Week:
While I was on exchanges we were teaching a lesson in a members home. The member spoke both English and Spanish and would occasionally translate things for me so I would feel included in the lessons. 95% of the lessons went in one ear and out the other because I can't speak Spanish. However, there was one story that I remember. The member was telling a story about his grandma. All of it was in Spanish. About halfway through the story I realized that I was understanding the whole story. After the lesson I retold the story to my companion and he said "I didn't know that much Spanish until 6 months into my mission." I had the gift of the interpretation of tongues and it was amazing. It was the coolest thing I have ever experienced on my mission. 

Miracle of the Week:
Our investigator J was going to get baptized this Saturday. Unfortunately his parents are not supportive and he is a minor so he has to get consent. We his mom was talking to one of her coworkers about how is J goes to church when they all go out of town that she will know he is really devoted and not just going through a phase. How do I know this? Well his moms coworker is in the stake presidency. So we are really excited for this miracle to unfold of the next few weeks.

Pic: Me and elder Bennett outside the temple

Love you all!!

Elder Carruth

No comments:

Post a Comment