Friday, November 13, 2015

Week 26



Hello from my last week in Belen! Actually it is my  last day in Belen too. What an adventure I had here. But the Lord needs me elsewhere and tomorrow I will be transferred to a new area and a new companion. Pray for me! It is crazy for me to think that I have been out here for 6 months already. 1/4 of my mission already over and done. It is going by so so fast. So last P-Day was pretty amazing. I was having a pretty rough day and wasn't in the mood to be nice to people. We were having a district lunch at the stake center and I was sitting in a room with a Spanish elder just talking when I got summoned to the gym. When I walked in I saw the most thoughtful thing anyone has done for my on my mission. I saw a pinata. It was in the shape of the pony that my brother in law drew of me. It was exactly like the picture. And it was exactly what I needed from a loving district. It totally turned my day around as I beat the life out of the pinata. It was filled with tootsie pops. I kept the head for memorabilia. I started a new study plan last week and I love it. I spend 15 minutes in Preach my Gospel and 30 in the book of Mormon. The last 15 minutes I spend in the Doctrine and Covenants or Jesus the Christ. It has really helped my bring the spirit into my study sessions. And it is a great way to start the day. I really have learned so much already just from the first few chapters of the Book of Mormon. On Thursday I got a call from President Miller. It scares me sometimes when he calls not going to lie. But all he wanted was to tell me that I am getting transferred but I am still going to be a district leader. I love being a district leader and getting to serve missionaries so closely. I love it. So I have started saying my goodbye tour. It is hard for me to say goodbye to people. These wonderful people in Belen have helped me so much and I feel so blessed to know them. Yesterday we had a lesson where our investigator read Moroni 9. That is a pretty interesting chapter that we don't usually read to people. But it was a testimony of the spirit that he still wanted to meet with us. Funny story of the week was a homeless guy talked to us while he was smoking weed. He told us that he loves us a lot and offered us some weed a couple times. I love Belen. Always keeps you on your toes!! I love you all!!

Quotes of the Week:

"You don't know how strong you are until strong is all you have left."
"Don't commit assumicide."
"Today's trial is tomorrow's testimony."
"The ten commandments are not multiple choice."
"Sincere testimony plants the seeds of conversion."
"Be you, by open, be interested."
"Life is designed for us to always be carrying a load."
"Don't let Satan tempt your into being too busy."
"The things of God can only be learned through the spirit of God."
"Be active in the gospel not just in the church."
"The only place you find success before work is in the dictionary."

Spiritual Experience of the Week:

So last night we had a lesson where I felt prompted to give a promise. After I did I started to bear my testimony. As I did, I felt heat radiate off of me. I felt hot and as soon as I was done it went away. It was a really special experience and one where the spirit testified through me. 

Miracle of the Week:
I haven't cried yet! Saying goodbye sucks.

Elder Carruth 

No comments:

Post a Comment