Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Week 66

Well another week has come to a quick close! This Pday came so much faster than all the other ones. Well kinda. The work this week was good! We taught more lessons and went to a baptism! All good things all good things. Anyway we were able to teach Daniel and Cedar this week. Daniel is doing good and tells us that the spirit is nudging him in this direction. He is reading and praying. We just need to get him to come to church. We took him on a church tour this weekend and that was really cool! We sat down and talked to him a lot about baptism and what that would do for him. He is a little hesitant to set a firm date but he knows that this is the right path for him. He feels the spirit and tells us the Lord is guiding his path. We are meeting with him tonight so please pray for them both!! They need your thoughts and prayers!! We went on a couple exchanges this week. First was with the APs. That was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. I love hanging with the APs. They are a couple solid missionaries. Obviously since they are APs. The other one was with the Laguna Elders. I stayed in my area and Elder Nelson came with me. He has been on his mission for 3 weeks now. Well in the field for 3 weeks. He is a stud. Great desire to work and obedient. He taught me a lot and told me what I need to do better. It was great! I got to interview someone this week for baptism. Her name is CJ. She is a young single mom with 2 young boys. She has had a really tough life and as we talked about baptism we both got emotional. She is a wonderful daughter of God. One who has been prepared to receive the gospel. She will now go out and change lives. Her baptism was great too. We taught Rosalie too this week. She is doing about the same. She did tell us that she is thinking about thinking about baptism. It might not sound like much but is a huge step for her. She keeps reading and that is what converts! The Book of Mormon is true!!! Today I realized something. A year ago I was in Belen at the end of my 2nd transfer. 3 of my converts now have been members of the church for a year and I want to talk a little about them.
Chuck: I love Chuck. He was my best friend while I was in Belen. Life has been tough for him but the gospel really changed his life. I know that I was in Belen for him as well as others. I believe we knew each other before this life. I haven't heard much from him since I left that area, however, I found out that he is in a Rio Rancho hospital, nothing major I think, and I just got permission to go visit him. So right after this email I am headed up there to talk to him. It will be a wonderful day.
Kendall: I don't even know where to start with Kendall. We were also best friends in Belen. She grew my testimony way more than I helped to grow hers. The Lord truly prepared her to have the gospel and I feel so blessed just to have been there to watch. She is an inspiration to me and to all those who know her. She loves the Lord. The gospel has changed her life. She has changed my life and my mission by continuing to progress and to share her testimony. She writes me occasionally and I know she is doing well. I love her to death.
I love all of my converts. These are just the two who have been on my mind today as I reflect on the early days of my mission. They will always hold a special place in my heart.

Elder Carruth
Pic - Renee got baptized!!! I taught her in Rio Rancho before I got transferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment