Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Week 64

  
Ok so another week has gone by. This one was painfully slow though. Just because last Pday was Monday and this one is back to Tuesday. I strongly dislike Monday Pday. It throws everything off. Like I mean everything. But we all survived and are back again. Transfers was interesting. My new companion came up from El Paso so I had a temporary companion for most of the day. Any guesses on who?? Thats right! Elder Proctor! I served with him in Belen for 3 months and it was so great to catch up with him and hear that he is doing good. He was on his way down to El Paso. Eventually I got my new companion Elder Campbell. He is from upstate New York and has been out for about 20 months. He will probably end his mission here. We get along pretty great though! We love the area and work well together. We found a new investigator our first 2 hours together actually. Talk about hitting the ground running. His name is Aaron. He is the brother of the person we were actually trying to talk to. He has read the Book of Mormon cover to cover and reads it regularly. He met with missionaries before he moved here. He has had a really tough life but has a ton of faith. He love learning about religion. It is hard to meet with him though. He wants to come to church though which is good! That was really the only person that we found this week. We met with Daniel and Cedar as well. We are still working with Daniel to pray about being baptized on the 3rd of September. We don't know if he has real intent or not. We have a lesson with him tonight though so pray for us to follow the spirit and teach to his needs. So some fun facts about the new missionaries that are in the zone now. Elder Campbell went to BYUI and lived in the same complex as me, Kensington. Not only that, but he is and ECEN major which is in the SAME building on the SAME floor as the CS major. So we probably walked past each other 12456 times but never knew each other. Proves how anti social I was in a former life. Even crazier than that there is a sister in the Zone named Sister Ingold. She also was at BYUI studying math education. We talked about classes and found out that we has Calc together our first semester! We sat like 3 seats away from each other everyday for 3 months! And never knew each other. So I am glad they came to this mission so we could finally talk a little haha. I am blessed to serve with some amazing missionaries out here. I love my calling and I love the work we get to do together. The gospel is true. We had interviews with President this week too. The first question he asked all of us was "How is your relationship with your Heavenly Father?" Talk about a powerful question. Made me think a lot. But I believe I have a great relationship with Him. I feel of His love as I strive to be the best I can be and follow my Savior Jesus Christ. I know without a doubt that Heavenly Father loves all of us. We are literally His children. That is why He loves us. We are all Bothers and Sisters, part of a plan that is eternal and perfect. My prayer is that we all strive to follow the Savior and to improve our relationships with Heavenly Father. In the sacred name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Elder Carruth   

No comments:

Post a Comment