Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Week 102

 
 
Hey everyone!!! So today has been a lot crazy with a lot of meetings and planning some stuff out and all of that jazz so please don't be offended when this email is really short. This week was really good! We got to go on 3 different exchanges this week. It seems like we are always opening our doors to a different set of missionaries on any given night. The exchanges were really good though! I got to spend some time with some of my closest friends in the mission and even spent a day with an old comp!! I learned a ton and felt the spirit a lot. That is always the best thing that you could possibly have in your life is the spirit of our Heavenly Father telling you that you have done a good job and that He loves you. We found a new investigator this week in the La Cueva ward. His name is Spencer. We have a lesson with him tonight. He is a young married guy who just moved here. He is open to learning about the gospel! Please add his name to your prayers!!! Church this week was really really good. I received answers to my prayers and guidence for my life. There are a lot of changes coming up and I need all the help I can get!! I am grateful for the experiences I had this week.

One really cool thing happened that I want to share. On Saturday I was on exchanges with Elder Evans. I have served around him pretty much his whole mission. I have been on exchanges with him before in El Paso. I love him to death and enjoy any chance I can get to do missionary work with him. We dropped by this member of the YSA who is not active. We have tried to meet her a bunch of times. Finally this time we were let in and got to talk to her and her parents. He parents are both converts and they shared powerful stories. Amanda, the YSA, opened up to us and shared her fears and concerns. It was so powerful. I felt the love that Heavenly Father has for her as His daughter. She agreed to meet with us. On Sunday her mom found me in the chapel and came up to me and said "You are the perfect missionary for our daughter. We have been waiting for a long time for the right missionary to come along. Thank you so much." It was a very sweet moment of my mission. I felt so much gratitude and love. It was special to me and something I will always remember. 

Love you all!!! 

Elder Carruth 

P.S - In the office, they always put up all of th pictures of the missionaries who are soon to go home. Well the office staff put a question mark over my face so I wouldn't have to look at myself going home. It was hilarious and really nice of them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment