Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Week 42

What a wonderful week. Like seriously the best week I have had here in Panorama Heights since I have been here. Full of miracles and success. Holy success. We found 7 new investigators this week! 7!! That is so many!! BOOM! Anyway I am excited about the work that Elder Summers and I have been able to put together. It is a lot of fun. Last week we had the opportunity to go to mutual for missionary night with the young men. It was really awesome and I hope they took something away from it all. Missionary work is so much fun and the most rewarding thing we can do at this point in life. So we had a follow up appointment with a person we talked to on the street last week. Her name is C. When we went to the follow up her boyfriend D answered. As it turns out I have talked to him before a few weeks before Elder Summers got here. When C came to the door she told us her mom told her all about the church and she didn't want it. We asked her what she thought she knew and then her mom came to the door! We were ready to get attacked but that is not what happened. She shared her testimony about Jesus and then allowed us to do the same. By the end she accepted a Book of Mormon and invited us back to talk more about it! It was a miracle and the Lord truly softened the hearts of all in attendance. It was so awesome. Last week I woke up with some pretty severe back pain. I couldn't sit down I had to lay down. Luckily a member of the stake presidency has his own chiropractic practice and he had me back in shape in no time! I have never been before and it was weird. But it worked and thats all that matters. On Thursday we had an appointment with the C family. They are a part member family. The mom is a member and the dad and two daughters are not. When we got there the oldest daughter opened the door and was really excited to see us! It was awesome. We sat down with the whole family and introduced the Book of Mormon to them. We committed them to read and have an appointment next week with them! It was great and a tender mercy from the Lord. We have been teaching T a lot too. He is set for his baptism date of 3/19/16 and should make that date easily. He has a ton of family coming for it too. We are really excited and he told us he wants to try and meet everyday! Hopefully that will happen. While we were knocking on doors one day we walked past a empty looking house. The blinds were all shut and no cars in the driveway. As we walked past I felt the spirit. I turned to Elder Summers and said "This is the one." When we knocked on the door a really nice person named M came out. He invited us back to learn more and it really proved to me that the Lord prepares people. We would not have knocked on the door normally but I am grateful for the prompting I received and that I was able to follow. It was a sweet experience. That was pretty much our whole week! We taught a lot of lessons and found a lot of new people. Miracle continue to come from a loving Heavenly Father. I hope all of you are doing well and are loving the life you chose to live. Love you all!!!

Quote of the Week:
"True Charity is humility in action."
 
Spiritual Experience of the Week:
At district meeting last week we talked a lot about the Atonement of the Savior. The spirit was powerful and inspiring. At the end of the meeting I was asked to give a few thoughts. I talked of the importance of submitting to the will of the Father, as the Savior did in the Atonement. We might not want to but we need to. It was touching and an emotional moment for everyone. I love the spirit and I love my Savior.

Miracle of the Week:
Sunday afternoon we had about 15 minutes to knock doors. We prayed and told the Lord that we were trying to fill every minute we could with productive activities and asked that we would see success. We had time for one door and that person invited us back! We were led to a door that had one of God's children who was ready for the gospel. It was so cool to see the Lord leading us to those who are ready for the restored gospel. 

Spiritual Thought of the Week:
In Alma 22 we read of King Lamoni's Father and his conversion. In the chapter he says that he will give up all his sins to know God. It made me ponder the idea of what we are willing to sacrifice to know God? We all have things that keep us from His presence. It is my invitation to ponder and choose something that we can sacrifice to improve our relationship with Heavenly Father. 

Love you all!!

Elder Carruth

No comments:

Post a Comment