Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Week 10



What a crazy intense week! We went on exchanges last week right after pday and I got to drive!! Finally got to drive I have missed it. I got to take over the area for the first time and I did really well! Elder Morris and I had a really productive day and had a ton of fun together. I hope all exchanges are like that. Elder Morris is an inspiration to me. He has had a crazy hard life battling cancer and stuff and he is an amazing missionary. He is a spanish elder so it was fun watching him try to read scriptures in english haha. We met with Kendall last week and she is progressing still. She is 16 if I have never mentioned her before. She is ready to get baptized and is more active than most the ward. She actually asked us if she was allowed to bear her testimony even though she wasn't a member. She just needs to get over a few concerns and get baptized.We had a service project last week out at a farm in ALBQ. We got to shovel horse poo for literally 2 hours haha it was actually pretty fun and I enjoyed meeting the district a little better. It was a good way to bond. The rest of that day was tough though. The Lord put us to the test. Cheryl, Armando and Isaiah came to church! Only Isaiah stayed though but he had a great time! He wants to get baptized soon and I hope they all can. I finished the Book of Mormon last week for the second time in my life. The whole rest of the morning I was on a spiritual high as the spirit testified to me of the truthfulness of the book. I know that it is true and that this is the restored church back on the earth. If you are looking for happiness and peace in life, read the Book of Mormon. I promise you that you will find the comfort and peace you are searching for and the spirit will tell you that it is true. We had a ward service project on Saturday at a local park picking up weeds. We had a huge turnout and it only took about an hour! It is a great way to start the day if you ask me. And any excuse I can get to get out of my shirt and tie is awesome haha. We met with April last Saturday as well. This is the first chance we had to actually teach something. Turns out she is Atheist and grille us for two hours about all kinds of stuff and how she didn't believe anything we said. She had all these problems with what we taught. BUT she also told us she loves having us over and feels really good when we come by. So she feels the spirit just doesn't know that is what it is. She will be a work in progress I think. We will have to see. Sunday was awesome! Our less active named Craig got the Aaronic Priesthood last week so he could bless the sacrament this week! I got to be on the stand with him and help him as he did everything for the first time. It was a very special experience for me and I loved it so much. Yesterday we got the best news ever. Remember the picture I sent last week of Christy getting baptized. We were still waiting on Chuck to hear back from the first presidency to see if he could get baptized too. Yesterday we got a call from out mission president. CHUCK IS APPROVED AND CAN GET BAPTIZED!!! We were all so excited and Chuck was really excited too! He is aiming for August 1st to get baptized. I can't wait for that! He is so awesome and is ready for this commitment. That is my whole week! It was a good one if you ask me. Thank you to everyone who writes me and reads my letters home! 

Quotes of the Week:

"Become obsessed with the gospel."
"People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care."  
"The gospel of Jesus Christ is inexhaustible."
"Walk what you talk."

Spiritual Experience of the Week:
A week ago we tracted into a woman named Louise. She goes to a local Christian church and we thought she was pretty engrossed into it and didn't want to change. She accepted a Book of Mormon though and said we could come back. We came back on Sunday and taught her the Restoration. While we were talking about the Book of Mormon I felt prompted to bear my testimony. The spirit was strong as I shared what I know to be true and how it can bless her life. At the end of the lesson she got emotional and told us that she has been Christian her whole life but has never felt the fire and she feels far away from God. She wants to be closer and we promised her that the Book of Mormon is the answer. The Lord truly does prepare people to teach. 

Pic:
Me and Elder Bennett and a mini pony of course.

Love you all!!!

Elder Carruth
 

No comments:

Post a Comment