Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Week 11

This week was a pretty decent one. Not super fantastic but not super rough either. Last Tuesday there was a death in our ward. One of the sons of one of our members passed away. He was actually going to the YSA branch so it hit the sisters pretty hard. It was a sad way to start the week but we were able to give lots of blessings to people and hopefully help them. We got approached by a 10 year old Jehovah's Witness last week. They parked right next to us when we were walking and he hopped out and gave us a pamphlet. He looked really confused when I gave him a Mormon.org card. It was funny though and made the day better. We have an investigator named Kendall. Not sure if I have talked about her yet but she is 16 and been coming to church for months. She even went on trek. She told us this week that she has no more concerns and is getting baptized on the 15th!! She already has her whole program planned and is telling everyone. She is so awesome and so ready for this. Chuck is getting baptized this Saturday! He is really excited and kinda nervous as well. His friend Ian can't come to baptize him and that really upset Chuck. But he understands that waiting another month would be really tough on him so he decided to let the Bishop do it. I am super excited for that this weekend. I went on Exchanges with Elder Feuz last week. He is one of my Zone Leaders. I got to control the area again and I think it went really well! We had a lot of fun and saw a lot of people. Hopefully I made a good impression. This is going to be a short email because I have little time. On Sunday I had my first taste of truly authentic New Mexican food. Our investigators made us fresh fry bread and red chili and potatoes. It was delicious but I like green chili more than red. That is pretty much it! Hope all of you are doing well! 

Quotes of the week:

"The righteous will be called upon to face trials."
"We must all walk through Gethsemane."
"Pleading for the light is what started this dispensation."
"The Lord helps those who are willing to change."

Spiritual Experience of the Week:

After the death of the member the sisters in the YSA branch were pretty upset. They asked us to come give them blessings. As we started our drive to them I kept thinking of one of the sister in particular and what her blessing could say that might help her. I thought about her the whole drive to their apartment. I really felt like I needed to be the one to give her a blessing. When we got there she asked me to give her a blessing and it confirmed to me that the spirit was preparing me to do that for her. That blessing was one of the most powerful blessings I have ever given anyone before. The spirit really helped me to do that and I was so grateful for the opportunity. 

No picture this week! Sorry!! 

With Love,

Elder Carruth

No comments:

Post a Comment