Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Week 6




What a hot week here in Belen. Like 106 degrees hot. I am not used to that at all but I am SOOOO grateful we have AC in the apartment. This week went by pretty fast. I feel like every other day is Sunday out here. Is that because I wear a tie everyday? Maybe... haha Last Wednesday we helped a family set up for their wedding. My companion and I were digging holes in the ground to bury some giant spindles to make tables. Talk about some hard work. I was sweating after 10 minutes and we were there for three hours! We found a frog though so it was worth it. Chuck and Christy took us to dinner that night and they are just incredible people. They are fixing my watch for me cause the battery died. They are also feeding us again tonight! They are an inspiration to me and I can't wait to see them get baptized. On Saturday we helped Chuck dig a fire pit. That was pretty fun and then Christy made us breakfast after. Did I mention they are awesome? Brent is doing good as well. He stopped smoking and needs to be smoke free now or we will have to move his baptism again. I know he can do it though. He is doing awesome so far. There is a funny saying that the Los Lunas sisters started called "An Elder Carruth Moment" which is where you see and animal and freak out and take a picture with it. I love animals especially all the ones I don't usually get to see like llamas and baby turkeys. Thats pretty much it for the week! The church is true and Heavenly Father loves all of you! I hope everyone has a great week!

Quotes of the Week:
"Every convert is a great and serious responsibility."
"Have the spirit in mind, God knows."
"When you are motivated by love, no sacrifice is too great."
"You have to go through the wilderness before you get to the promised land."
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."
"There is a great purpose to our struggles in life."
"Life is fragile, handle with prayer."

Spiritual experience of the Week:
When we were teaching Brent last week he looked me dead in the eye and said "What is the worst thing you have ever done?" Without even blinking I told him that we focus on the Atonement and how we can be clean through Jesus Christ and how we don't talk about past issues like that. The next day on Sunday the member we took to the lesson came up to me and told me that my response was really powerful and full of Christlike love. Looking back at it I know that the spirit filled my mouth and all the words I said were from the spirit. I knew exactly what to say and didn't think twice about saying it. The spirit will always help.

With love,

Elder Carruth


No comments:

Post a Comment