Thursday, July 7, 2016

Week 60

What a long and busy week! So much happened! So much to talk about! So little time... We will try to fit it all in! So last week we finally got to meet our new mission President. President and Sister Guffey are awesome people. I received my own witness that President Guffey is called of God to be here and to lead this mission. I know it without a doubt. I am excited to move forward with him and to do the work of the Lord. Right after that we went on exchanges! I got to head out to Laguna/To'hajiilee reservations. Got to spend the day out in the middle of no where! It was awesome! I loved it even though it was a super long and exhausting day. We found a scorpion while we were out and about and we caught it. Good times. Waking up on July 1st was a weird feeling. The year is already half over but it does not feel like that at all. Crazy to me to think about it. But still good! The work continues! So last Friday we got to go to Pete and Mandy's wedding! It was so amazing. We were there for a long time but the spirit was so strong. The place they had it at was so GREEN! I miss green. It was like a little corner of Washington! It even rained a little for me! Beautiful. What a wonderful day for them and for all of us that got to be a part of it. One of the pictures us a selfie of us and Pete literally 2 minutes before the wedding started. The following day we got to participate in Pete's baptism. We had a huge support show up from the ward and from Mandy's family who are mostly active members. I love her family. They made me feel right at home and I truly enjoyed it. The spirit was powerful and Pete bore his testimony of how his life led him to where he is today. He inspires me. So before I forget there was a crazy cool miracle at the baptism. We thought that Mandy's dad would bring baptismal clothing for himself since he has been a temple worker before. We assumed wrongly. We didn't have anything for him to wear. We tried to get into the closet with the clothes before he came just to see and we didn't have a key for it. We decided to go back and try the closet again and it opened! There were 2 suits in there and one of them fit him perfectly! And if that isn't enough we went back after the baptism to try again and NONE OF OUR KEYS WORKED! We couldn't get back into the closet! The hand of God opened the closet for us. No other way. True miracle. It was a great week! Besides all of that happening Elder Larkin and I saw a ton of success! We found 6 new investigators! The ones that I am most excited about are Victoria and Erica. We knocked into Victoria, a 16 year old girl, and she told us to come back. When we did she brought her 15 year old sister Erica along. Victoria didn't seem too interested but Erica is. She wants to learn more and if this is the truth. It was such a cool miracle! The reason I am really excited about them is because my whole mission I have taught and baptized 16 year old girls. Kendall in Belen and Angie in Rio Rancho. I call it the Carruth Curse but it isn't a curse. It is a blessing. There are only two reasons why I can think of that the Lord continues to have me teach 16 year old girls:
1) My maturity is that of a 16 year old girl and I connect well with them.
2) My wonderful mother converted at the age of 16 and now I have the opportunity to pay it forward.
I lean towards the latter, but am undecided. I am grateful for the opportunity to teach God's children about our Savior Jesus Christ. What a glorious gift and privilege that is to me. I love the Lord. And I love His children.
Love you all!!
Elder Carruth

No comments:

Post a Comment