Sunday, May 1, 2016

Week 50

Well hello!!! Can you believe it is week 50 already? Holy.... wow.... Time sure does fly out here. Elder Summerhays calls me a trunky bum when I put what week I am in the mission. Then I tell him he is on week 86 and he leaves me alone hahahaha good times out here. This week was another great one in the mission. They all are though so no surprise. Anyway where to begin... So we have a referral from a returned missionary who used to live here. His name is D. When we met him he was really excited to see us. He is active in the Catholic church but wanted us to pray with him. He is extremely nice. This week he invited us to lunch at a Dennys like diner. We had a wonderful conversation and at the end he gave us a gift card for the restaurant and some cash to spend. It was really nice of him and we felt really blessed. We are hopeful to continue to build a relationship with him. Later that same day we had a lesson with a new investigator named S. He was a referral from the Rockaway Elders. He is Jewish and interested in learning about the Book of Mormon and wants to meet with us. He is a pretty cool guy. The highlight of the week for sure was the baptism of R. It was so powerful. There was a great turn out and a lot of investigators came from other wards. I was so honored to baptize him. It was a sweet experience that I will never forget. It was a great day. That is all I can think of this week! Small email so I apologize! Next week is transfers so the next email I send will most likely be from a new area and maybe even a new state! I don't want to leave but I think it is coming. Love you all!!

Elder Carruth

No comments:

Post a Comment