Sunday, May 29, 2016

Week 54

 
I have to title the pics when I save them so I titled this "Sun"
"Sky"
"Moon"
 
 
Well hello friends and family! Great to see all of you bright and smiling emails! Thank you to all who respond with words of encouragement and strength. They truly do help. This last week was full of ups and downs and all arounds. But at the end we talk about the ups because those are what are of true importance here. We were able to spend a lot of time knocking on doors and talking to people! That is always a lot of fun and something I have grown to appreciate over the last year of my life. Slightly by force at first, but then by choice. It is a great joy to talk to God's children about the gospel of Jesus Christ. That was pretty much what our whole week was about. Knocking doors and talking to as many people as we could find. We had a wonderful miracle though. We were at sonic with some members of our ward when our phone rang. It was a couple of sisters from the ABQ West Zone. They called us and gave us a referral of a family they had been teaching that moved to Rio Rancho. As it turns out they moved to our apartment complex. Small world. But they had taken the lessons for a while and are already prepared for baptism! It was such a huge miracle for us. After all of the hard work we have been putting in over the last few weeks it was so great to see blessings from heaven. We needed it. We went and met them last night and talked to them. They have been married for two years and are expecting their first child in early July (The 5th maybe?!?!). The husband, Drew, is a less active member of the church and his wife, Renee, was raised Catholic. They decided to create a spiritual foundation in preparation for their new baby. Renee decided that she wants to get baptized! It was so sweet to hear her testimony and to see the joy that they have. The Lord is truly blessing them. That was the miracle of the transfer so far for us. It was amazing. The other awesome thing of the week was Zone Conference. It was President and Sister Miller's last one before they go home in July. It was yesterday which is why P-Day is today. The spirit was strong and I loved it. Elder Burton and I had the chance to provide training to all of the Zones. It was a great experience. At the end of the day President and Sister gave their final testimonies to us. After singing "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" we were all in tears. President included. It was so hard to say goodbye to such and inspired man. Someone who loves this work so much and loves each of his missionaries. What an inspiration to us all. I truly love President Miller and Sister Miller with all my heart. They have done so much for me and my life. They will always have a huge part in the person I am today. President Guffey will be here in July and I am excited to meet him and his wife and love them as well. It will be great. I love you all!! Thank you for all that you do!! 

Elder Carruth 



No comments:

Post a Comment